- window seat
- door - black, farm-style, in arched doorway, window
- decorative molding
- striped fabric
- wide, thick arch
- storage under seat
- high ceilings
- bright, airy, fresh feeling
I love the country charm here… That wide door makes me swoon.
I literally gasped when I saw this gorgeous Pottery Barn chandelier. To my surprise, Bueno agreed to it without any hesitation and agreed that $400 is a reasonable price for a large chandelier we both really like. This is definitely on the wish list.
(via Copy Cat Chic)
Okay, this is way more modern and industrial than anything I would put in my house (you will never find a corrugated metal wall anywhere in my place), but it’s beautiful. I especially love the cleverness of using the room number as the door pull.
What a sleek door. My style isn’t super modern, but I appreciate the deep wood tone, the unique style, and the play of horizontal and vertical lines. I even like the asymmetry of the single window.
- small, plain clock in ornate frame above radiator (so clever)
- stack of vintage suitcases
- floors - surely original
- rabbit statue
- is that a vintage typewriter I spot on the desk?
- door and surrounding windows - great scale and adds drama
- lighting - both pendant and wall lantern
- lots of unique vintage touches everywhere but doesn’t feel dated
I actually really don’t like this space. I think l’d feel like I was living in a pool. But I do like the idea of framing an oversized doorway with silk drapes, or even just drapes in general. It adds a touch of elegance. Oh, and I like those wall sconces.
A gorgeous chandelier as a bedside light? Oooh la la!
- chandelier - design, unique location
- plank ceilings
- upholstered headboard
- color scheme
- tray on bed
- fresh flowers on nightstand
- not too cluttered - seems airy even w/o a window visible
- paint color
- personal touches (books, framed photos)